Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You know that insurance...

For 6 years now I have been working for a little company called Aflac. It has been a very rewarding career. It has taken my family across this country, developed an incredible book of business, a life changing income and allowed us to have flexibility in our lives.
Before I found the duck my career search was built upon a set of core values I developed from past jobs, schooling, and future goals. I desired to find a position that would fit these values. My values where very specific and almost overwhelming.
I wanted a career that would be the means to provide me a very comfortable living and not be the end of my life. I wanted to represent a company that had a great reputation. I wanted to fulfill a promise. I wanted to represent a company that people were passionate about. I wanted to truly help people. I wanted to become a better person through the work I was doing. I wanted to get paid what I was worth. I did not want to punch a time clock or have a ceiling above my head limiting my potential. I wanted my family, my church, and myself to come first. I have an entrepreneurial spirit that I wanted to cultivate yet still have the opportunity to have the support from a major organization. As you can read they are very specific that fall, sometime, into the personal aspects of my family life. I looked at these core values and was concerned that I was too demanding and that my search would be in vain. Fortunately through a good friend I was introduced to Aflac and before my first interview was over I asked when do I begin. This job compliments, perfectly, every value I was looking for in my life. It has been a dream come true to work for this company and as I have developed my career I have had the fortunate opportunity to give this dream to others. Aflac products save lives, The Aflac job changes lives, and it gives those looking for a something different a new life.
Long live the Duck.
Whoa...that was a heavy post. I simply started this post to share with you Aflac's newest commercials but it turned into a recruiting pitch. Forgive me and enjoy the duck doing crazy things.

1 comment:

Kerilee Law said...

The kindergarten one is my favorite, by far! It reminds me that that is what Savannah used to say when we asked her that as she was learning her animals. Funny.