Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Rapture Gopher Sez!


I just finished watching an historic moment in my country's history. The inauguration of it's 44th president, Barack Obama.

A sense of pride fills me as I witness freedom and democracy in action but a nervousness creeps in as a man with little experience and questionable allies becomes commander in chief of the United States of America. I have heard many an opinion on this man and what kind of leader he will be. Is it too early to decide if it was a good/bad choice? Yes! It is OK to question his politics? Yes! that is what makes America great. Is it time to throw our hands into the air like my new friend the Rapture Gopher, and think all is lost? No! Change is good. Cautiously moving forward I look to see the next chapter of American History written beginning today.

He is already ahead in the popularity race because the nation is craving change. Any new face would instantly boost the morale of this country. Obama looks like a champion today because of the doom and gloom perception that has been painted in this country.

I will support his office, I will support the Constitution and pray that this nation will continue to give me the privilege to live, work, and worship, how where and what I may.

He gave a good speech today.

No comments: